The average establishment with gaming in Illinois earns about $101,578 per year!
*Based on the 2022 Illinois Gaming Board annual revenue report
Lucky Street client average annual establishment income per year = $212,133*
The Video Gaming Act has outlined revenue distribution in this way: Net Terminal Income (NTI) is defined as the money put into a VGT minus the credits paid to the player. The State receives 29% of the NTI generated from each licensed VGT (of that, 5% goes to the local municipality). Of the remaining 66% of NTI, a company called Light & Wonder receives 0.8513% as compensation for maintaining the Central Communications System [CCS], which all VGTs connect to. The remainder is divided equally between the Terminal Operator (who owns/leases and places the VGTs in locations) and the licensed location.
- Establishments – 32.57435%
- Operator – 32.57435%
- State – 34%
- Municipality – 5%
- SciGames – 0.8513%
(1) Splits current as of 7/1/20 and subject to change.
All splits current as of 7/1/20 and subject to change.
How much does it cost you?
- Costs of establishing your entity.
- IGB Application Fee $200.
- State & Local Liquor License Fee (if applicable)
- Annual $100 video gaming license.
- Annual $100 per VGT State fee.
- Annual cost of entity renewal.
- 1/2 of Municipality licensing costs, if any.
- Power for the machines
- Find out more answers on our Frequently Asked Questions page